Lets talk nursery trends……
The year has gotten away but lets look at what’s trending this year and beyond.
1. Metallics and Rose Gold. Expect to see a lot more particularly on larger items like cots. Our latest range Modern vintage was photographed on this Incy Interiors cot and it looks just divine.
2. Monochrome. Yes there seems to be no end in sight for black and white however we are seeing a lot more greys and neutrals taking centre stage and the introduction of natural elements.
3. Murals. You are most likely to see plenty of mountains in boys nurseries and large scale florals in girls rooms. Some will be wallpapers and some will be stickers or hand painted.
4. Statement Cots. Who cares what the colour scheme is when you have an amazing designer cot.
5. Pastels. Soft sweet colour palettes that often include light timbers or fun motifs of the sweet variety..think donuts, ice creams, sweets etc.
6. Boho. Lots of textural elements and natural materials along with nature inspired motifs. Add a salt lamp, a teepee, some macrame and a jute rug and you are on your way.
7. Greenery. It’s the colour of the year but I see it being used more through the use of actual plants and greenery. Ferns, cactus, fiddle leafs.
8. Rabbits and Lions. Expect to see more bunny and lion designs popping up in nurseries.. toys, bedding and even photographic prints.
9. Outdoor and Adventure. Mountains, camping tents, bears and woodland animals are still on the scene especially for boys. Adding tree stumps and wooden panelling seem to be popular.
10. Most popular looks will be mid century modern and vintage styles.
We will delve into some of these trends in more detail over the coming months so drop me an email if you want to look at a particular trend first.
Head to our pinterest boards for more examples and ideas.